Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
- It is called Zebra Symbol now after Zebra acquired Motorola Symbol in 2014.
- Wide working range, reads good and poor quality bar codes at similar ranges, reducing the need for the user to move the scanner back and forth;
- Bluetooth Class 2 v1.2 (Serial Port and HID Profiles with authentication and security), cordless scanning with secure wireless transmission of data.
- Plug-and-play, universal cable Rapid deployment, single cable connects to any computing environment, Powered through host cable Eliminates need for a power supply; simplifies installation.
- The Symbol LS4278 handheld scanner products are warranted against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of three years.
More Barcode Scanners To Choose From
QR & Barcode Scanner
- - Scan all kinds of QR codes and barcodes.
- - View a Scan history list of all of your past scans of QR CODES and BARCODES.
- - This barcode reader is Flashlight supported for scanning Barcode at low-light environments.
Last update on 2021-04-12 at 18:10 PST/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Barcode Buying Guide And Information
A good barcode scanner is a vital device for a number of industries. Whether used for merchandise maintenance or sales purposes , having these kinds of efficient tools around can certainly make the daily managing of your company operations a smoother and more detailed task.
There are some important factors to look into when it comes to a new barcode scanner.
Make certain you purchase a unit that will operate in the temperature ranges needed for your requirements.
A lot of models are designed to survive falls , bumps or other mishaps that may lead to many scanners to stop functioning. Any time the scanner is going to be utilized in challenging types of conditions search for kinds which are tough enough to endure harsh use.
Simple To Operate And Set Up
Choose units which are simple to set up and make use of. Many products will offer you a stand that makes operating the scanner less demanding.
Connectivity And Range
Be sure the scanner offers you suitable wireless range if it is to be used in a big area usch as a warehouse type environment.
Battery Power Life
Go for a scanner with a battery that gives plenty of operating time before needing to be charged.
Several models offer the ability where codes can be scanned offline and retained on the device and then uploaded to your computer data system at a later time. This is usefull for businesses and organizations that are required to scan many products stocked at a variety of locations or over large areas.
Dimensions And Weight
A portable and light weight scanner will be more comfortable to use over a lengthy time frame.
Hands Free Setting
Using a hands free setting may help when scanning big or bulky products.
This feature helps you scan a product without the need to align the scanner with the barcode on the item.
Compatible Barcode Types
You should make sure the scanner is appropriate for your actual barcode style. Many common types are UPC / EAN , UCC / EAN128 , ISBN/ISSN , Code128 , Code93 , Code39 , Code 39 Full ASCII , Code11 , Codabar , RSS variants and Chinese 2 of 5
By using the opinions and ratings found on this blog can help you in identifying the barcode scanners that are going to meet the needs and budget for your corporate needs.