Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
- Handheld barcode scanner can be used to scan and decode linear one-dimensional (1D) colored barcodes
- CCD light sensors can scan barcodes from up to 12″ away at a resolution of 3 mm and a speed of between 230 and 450 scans per second
- Bi-colored LEDs enable scanner to decode red barcodes using green light and green barcodes using red light
- 6' USB cable connects to host system's USB port to transmit barcode data and power barcode scanner
- Weighs 4.8 oz.; measures 6.3 x 3.5 x 2.7 inches (H x W x D)
More Barcode Scanners To Choose From
QR & Barcode Scanner
- - Scan all kinds of QR codes and barcodes.
- - View a Scan history list of all of your past scans of QR CODES and BARCODES.
- - This barcode reader is Flashlight supported for scanning Barcode at low-light environments.
Last update on 2021-04-12 at 18:10 PST/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Guide To Barcode Scanners
A good barcode scanner is a necessary tool for lots of businesses. Whether being used for merchandise maintenance or sales activities , keeping these types of handy tools around can make the day by day running of your corporate operations a smoother and more accurate activity.
Here are a few of some important features to check when purchasing a new barcode scanner.
Be sure that you buy a unit that is going to work in the temperature ranges necessary for your workplaces.
Several units are made to survive falls , bumps along with other accidents that may lead to some scanners to cease functioning. In case the scanner is usually to be put to use in bad environments shop for models that will be durable enough to handle severe use.
Simple To Operate And Set Up
Try to find types that will be uncomplicated to install and work with. A large number of units will offer a stand which makes utilising the scanner more comfortable.
Connectivity And Distance
Ensure that the scanner provides you with adequate wireless range if it is to be used in a sizable area usch as a warehouse type setting.
Go for a scanner with a battery that offers enough operational time before having to be charged.
A number of versions provide a function where codes can be scanned offline and recorded on the device then uploaded to your computer data system at a later time. This is definitely usefull for organizations that will need to scan a big selection of goods stocked at many different sites or over large areas.
Over all size And Weight
A fairly small and light weight scanner will be more comfortable to work with over a prolonged period of time.
Hands Free Function
Utilizing a hands free function assists you when scanning big or bulky pieces.
This attribute helps you to scan an item and not have to line up the scanner with the barcode on the product.
Compatible Barcode Variants
Ensure that the scanner is suitable for your current barcode version. A number of common types are UPC / EAN , UCC / EAN128 , ISBN/ISSN , Code128 , Code93 , Code39 , Code 39 Full ASCII , Code11 , Codabar , RSS variants and Chinese 2 of 5
Making use of the user reviews and feedback found on this website can assist you to find the barcode scanners that will suit the requirements and budget for your company needs.